5 Best 18 Foot Above Ground Pools
Summertime fun in the sun and cooling off in the backyard pool is an American pastime. But, constructing a pool is costly and time-consuming. To save more money while still being able to enjoy relaxing in a cooling pool on a hot, sunny day, consider purchasing an above-ground pool.
Above-ground pools are ideal hotspots for both individuals and families to enjoy the luxurious amenities they provide. From soaking and catching a suntan on a floatie to splish-splashing with the children, fun is always right in the backyard with an above-ground pool.
With that in mind, this article was created to help guide you through all the best above-ground pools. They say go big or go home, so every pool on this list is 18 feet tall to allow for maximum comfort and enjoyment.
Keep reading to learn all about the five best 18 ft above-ground pools and their pros and cons.
The 5 Best 18 ft Above Ground Pools
1. Intex 18 x 52 Ultra XTR Rectangular Above Ground Pool
The Intex 18 x 52 above ground pool in is a durable, resistant above-ground pool. You can expect it to last a long time because of the well-made materials as well as the strong structural design.
It utilizes an outer powder coating to help it be resistant to rust. As we all know, constant water and rust go hand in hand. By using this outer powder, your pool will last for potentially years longer. It’s a value that’s difficult to overlook.
The design uses a unique shape, much like a circle, but angles to provide better structural support to where the weight is being supported. T-joint connectors are used to hold most strongpoints together. These t-joint connectors are known for being incredibly robust while still being easy to use.
Other highlights of the Intex 18 x 52 Ultra includes dual suction outlet fittings, a quick and easy setup time, and a relatively low weight.
Dual suction outlet fittings are exactly what they sound like. Two suction lines are drawn from the pool and then circulated. This constant circulation will help clean water faster and more efficiently. You can expect above-average water quality as well as hygiene when using a system such as this.
This Intex pool doesn’t come with a ton of parts. Beyond the frame, connectors, and a couple of other essential parts, you won’t be burdened by a lot of equipment. This helps the pool be set up easier so you can get to enjoy its benefits faster. Intex boasts that you’ll be able to easily set this pool up within 60 minutes.
This is also a great feature if you live in an area where the weather can vary wildly from day-to-day. Expecting severe storms over the weekend? Not a problem, go ahead and break the pool down and you can set it back up in a jiffy.
Part of the quick set up time is also due to the relatively low weight of the pool. Coming in at 227 pounds, 18-foot pools don’t get much lighter without sacrificing its structural integrity.
- Extremely quick to set up and break down
- Relatively low weight in comparison to other similar above-ground pools
- Made of high-quality materials
- Strong and durable structural design to help this pool last longer
- Doesn’t come with a lot of high-quality modern amenities that some other high-end pools come with
2. Intex 18 x 48 Prism Frame Round Above Ground Pool
The Intex 18 foot x 48-inch prism frame pool set is a luxurious, premium pool that comes with all the amenities you’d want in a standard pool.
Rather than having a solid structure around the pool, Intex opted to use rust-resistant metal frames that hold a 3-play material liner. This gives the pool a bit more pleasing of aesthetic and makes it easy to put up, break down, and transport.
Amenities that come with this purchase include a filter pump, ground cloth, ladder, pool cover, and debris cover.
The pump circulates about 1,500 gallons of water per hour. Given that the maximum capacity of the pool is about 6,423 gallons, you can expect a full circulation of water every 3 and a half hours. This is a bit better than most other filter pumps and will help keep your water more hygienic without sacrificing any extra costs or time spent setting other filtrations up.
The debris cover I made of a durable, semi-stretchy material that ties off to rope to help it stay in place. Coupled with the grounding cloth, you can keep your pool safe and sound throughout the years.
The 3-ply material liner is made from puncture-resistant material. The way ply works are by taking several layers of durable material and laying them on top of each other. This helps prevent sharp objects from easily moving through it. Even with accidents, you’ll need quite a bit of force to puncture the material.
- Incredibly strong 3-ply material liner to keep your pool stronger
- Durable and resistant pool cover and ground cloth
- Quality pump for hygiene and circulation purposes
- Rust-resistant metal frame
- Comes with a variety of amenities
- The 3-ply material liner is a bit off-putting as an aesthetic but does work wonders for the longevity of your pool
3. Summer Waves Elite 18 x 48 Round Above Ground Pool
The Summer Waves Elite is a large pool ideally made for family use or with large gatherings. Like others on this list, it’s 18 feet in diameter and sits 48 inches off the ground. However, it’s made from a triple layer polyester mesh combined with heavy-gauge PVC to hold it all together.
This combination creates a tough, durable pool that can withstand most elements. It’s also a pleasing aesthetic, making it ideal for those who want to match their summertime fun with the aesthetics of their home or backyard. Other items that come with it such as the ground cloth, pool cover, and 4-step ladder all match as well to keep everything consistent.
The pump is an SFX1500 SkimmerPlus Filter Pump and can conveniently latch onto the side of your pool – no setup fuss required. It’ll easily handle circulating the 6,600-gallon max capacity of this pool.
As a bonus, a deluxe maintenance kit is included with your purchase. It comes with all the necessities to keep your pool clean and neat. Other user-friendly highlights include a setup time of roughly 60 minutes. With that little time spent setting up your pool, having a summertime day of fun and adventure is only an hour away.
- Made of a durable polyester material that’s been layered three times
- Dark wicker look to match the aesthetic of most homes or backyards
- 6,600 gallon capacity with a great pump filter to keep everything hygienic
- It comes with all the amenities you’d need. This includes a deluxe maintenance kit, a 4-step ladder, and a pool cover and ground cloth
- Heavy-gauge PVC is used to support the structural integrity, which will help your pool last for longer
- Sits relatively low to the ground compared to other above-ground pools. This makes it more prone to damage or stains from the ground.
4. Bestway 18’ x 9’ x 4’ Rectangular Above Ground Pool
This Bestway pool is made from the highest quality materials on this list so far. The frame is made from steel and is powder-coated to help protect from rust and corrosion.
If you’re looking for a pool that’s going to last through the ages, this is going to be your best bet. Even the design is made to help prevent damage from occurring around and inside the pool.
Beyond its extremely durable frame, materials, and structural design, it’s also extremely pleasing to the eye. It’s a white, almost silver color and rectangular in design. This can bring a classy aesthetic to your home.
Other highlights include removing chemical floaters from your pool and TriTech pool walls to prevent damage.
- TriTech pool walls to help prevent damage to occurring the walls
- Aa reliable and tough frame design
- Made from high-quality materials such as steel with powder coating
- Uses ChemConnect to remove chemical floaters from your pool
- It requires a bit of assembly to get up and running. This includes the use of several tools
5. Cornelius Phoenix 18 x 52 Above Ground Swimming Pool
The Cornelius Phoenix is your standard 18-foot swimming pool but sits a bit higher on the ground. Other benefits include an incredibly powerful filter, a steel-constructed frame, and a clean, pleasing aesthetic for most homes
Because the Cornelius Phoenix sits higher on the ground, you can expect less damage from ground-related incidents to occur. Of course, the steel frame will do it’s best to protect the structural integrity either way.
The sand filter pump is capable of circulating 2,400 gallons of water per hour. This means you can get your entire pool freshened up in under 3 hours. Clean water and hygienic water won’t be an issue.
- A powerful sand filter is used for maximum hygienics
- Sits a bit higher on the ground than most other above ground pools
- The frame is constructed of steel
- Comes as a pleasing aesthetic for most homes and won’t draw much attention to itself
- Doesn’t come with many high-tech features like other high-end 18 ft pools
At the end of the day, finding the best 18 foot above-ground pool for you is going to depend on your certain situation.
This guide selected pools based on their ability to stand up to the task of fitting your needs – whatever they may be.
Take careful consideration of what you need your pool to be like and then make your choice from this selected list. Don’t let Summer escape you, take full advantage of it by pulling the trigger on a new above-ground pool.