If you are in the market for the best recliner, you are in the right place. We have taken the trouble to compile a review of most comfortable recliner from top brands on Amazon to help you make a more informed purchasing decision.
Let’s dive into the most comfortable recliners that deliver real value for money.
23 Best Recliners for The Money
In this review of the best recliner brands, we considered several important factors such as the popularity of the products, comfort level, features, materials, and different price points to fit every buyer’s budget.
If you are looking for a high-quality rocker recliner with all the classic elements and an elegant modern finish, then this Rocker Recliner from Ashley Furniture is your best option. It is designed to not only fulfill all your needs in a recliner but add a touch of class and style to your living room too. It is a traditional rocker recliner wrapped in beautiful steel gray upholstery with a suede-like texture and a neat nailhead trim. It has a roll arm style, high resiliency foam cushions, and a generous size to fit individuals of all sizes. It is also delivered readily assembled for your cozy comfort.
- It comes ready assembled
- It has a classic modern design
- It comes with a lift function
- It can lie completely flat to give you maximum bed-like comfort and relaxation
- It is made of high-quality materials
- A bit large for small spaces
- The lower back could be better with extra padding but you can always fix this with a pillow
This is another iconic push back recliner featuring microfiber upholstery, smooth lines, a palette of attractive colors, and piped edges. It has a deep seat, domed back, and padded roll arms to enhance your comfort and relaxation. It has double cushions with armrests and backrest well padded with high-density foam and quality polyester fiber. The seat’s cushion uses a wrapped coil spring system. It has a solid construction that allows smooth reclining, strength, and durability. It also comes with a 3-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Quite comfortable thanks to its padding, nice curves, and pillow-top cushions
- It is easy to assemble
- Solid construction. The recliner undergoes 25000 tests to check and confirm its mechanical strength
- It has a stylish design and attractive gray or brown colors
- Comes with an easy to use recliner control
- It has a 3-year warranty
- Difficult to move after assembly
- Limited to one adult at a time
The Hollmall Small Recliner is one of the best modern recliners with high-end features that you can find for under $200. It is a simple recliner with great performance and a budget-friendly price tag. This is a great option if you are not interested in extra features such as heating and vibration but still want a comfy recliner with curved armrests, perfect padding, and a sturdy footrest.
The recliner is made of top-grade PU leather that doesn’t feel hot or uncomfortable. It looks and feels like real leather. Some of the key benefits you get from this recliner include the ability to push back far enough to sleep or simply relax, an upgraded footrest, and a lifetime warranty. It is also a great option for soothing lower back pain.
- It has thick comfortable cushions
- An upgraded footrest
- Lifetime warranty
- More reclining positions than other models
- Good price
- It has a basic design that lacks high-end features such as heat and massage
The Dore Slim is a beige-colored easy rocker recliner that can be adjusted into a fully horizontal position. For additional comfort, the recliner comes with a thick foam padded seat, wide arms, a tall back design, and a smooth-working pushback reclining system. It is an affordable reclining chair that allows you to sit back at your most comfortable position while watching TV or reading a book. You can easily adjust it to a full horizontal position using the smooth pushback mechanism. It is also made of high-quality microfiber fabric upholstery that’s easy to clean and extremely durable. It has a massage function for both upper and lower back zones. The recliner is also covered by a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer. It is a great investment for those seeking a basic but functional massage recliner chair.
- It reclines flat horizontally
- It has a thick padded seat for added comfort
- It has a massage function
- Easily rock or recline
- Reasonable price
- The massage function is not as strong as in other models but works all the same
- It sometimes gets hot when you use the massage function
If you are looking for a bonded recliner hair that combines a modern design with the classic traditional style, then this Divano Bonded Leather Rocker is a perfect choice. It is a high-end rocker recliner wrapped in top-grade bonded leather upholstery that’s not only sot and comfortable but extremely durable too. The chair’s unique design allows full horizontal reclining for added comfort while relaxing or reading a book. It is a rather large chair with extra wide design than most reclining chairs on the market today. You’ll also like its overstuffed padded seat that is perfectly complemented by comfortable armrests. This is the perfect recliner or extended use.
- Comes with a power lift option that allows you to get in and out of the rocker chair easily
- It can recline all the way back into a sleeping position
- Designed with soft durable leather
- You have the option to choose from three beautiful colors
- It’s a bit short for tall users
His mocha colored recliner is one of the most spacious and large contemporary rocker chairs on the market today. Its mocha colored microfiber upholstery is stain resistant and comfortable. It also features a functional easy to use mechanism, strong and durable hardwood frame, high-quality microfiber, and an elegant comfortable design. This is a wall-hugger recliner that only needs a space of 4 inches between the wall and the recliner’s back for a full extension. It’s comfortable and can support adequate weight. It is also available in blue and chocolate colors.
- Provides good back support
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space in your living room
- It is easy to assemble
- It has an easy to clean fabric that doesn’t stain easily
- Comfortable for sleeping
- Great value at a low price
- May sometimes make a squeaky noise
The Esright Massage Recliner Chair features a solid construction and a functional mechanism for vibrating, heating, and massage. It is designed for both comfort and therapeutic purposes. The chair is well-wrapped in polyurethane leather that’s quite easy to clean. Its thick padding gives you a nice sinking feeling. There’s good padding all over the back, armrests, and footrest. Its 360-degree swivel is perfect for people with injuries while everyone else will definitely enjoy the recliner’s 150 degrees swivel. It comes with a handy remote control, a power cord, two cup holders, and four storage bags for your snacks and magazines. It is also easy to assemble.
- A comfortable well-padded rocking and recliner chair
- Ability to swivel 360 degrees horizontally
- Comes with 4 storage bags and two cup holders
- Features a lumbar heating function
- It is easy to clean
- Easy to assemble
- A few users claim to have problems locking the footrest in position when the chair is inclined.
This is a small comfy chair made to allow you to kick back and unwind in after a hard day at work. It comes in a conveniently small size to fit small spaces. You can even line up a few of them in a row at your basement to create a comfortable home theatre. The chair is covered in elegant eco-friendly leather and filled with thick foam padding for extra comfort. It also features a handy side lever used to release its footrest. The footrest has a foldable design for different rest positions. It has an adjustable quick-switch design that makes it easy to operate and a sleek black color. With a weight capacity of just 250 pounds, this rocking chair is perfect for those with limited space and budget.
- Mall convenient size for your basement home theatre
- It is covered in eco-friendly leather
- Easy to use
- Multiple footrest positions
- Thick comfortable foam padding
- Available in one color only
- Maybe a bit small for some people
If you are looking for a recliner chair suited for tall big users, then this King Recliner is your best option. One of its best features is its quick and automatic adjustment to your optimal position for extra comfort. This is a chair that can stretch to a king-size mattress size when fully reclined. Any tall person can easily fit in it when fully reclined and relax without a problem. The chair has high tension coils for strength and extended durability. As a robust chair with the best supportive back, this is a great option for heavy individuals.
- An easy to recline chair that can be adjusted into multiple positions to match your needs
- It can hold up individuals with up to 500-pounds weight
- Thick padding for comfort and support
- Strong enough to be used for long sitting periods
- Matches with any modern interior style
- Solid durable construction
- Made for tall big users
- The assembly can be a challenge for some users
This recliner is designed to help you enjoy your quiet relaxing moments. It has a generous seating enhanced by high-quality body cushions for ultimate comfort. The chair is covered in durable leather-like fabric. It’s easy to clean and just right for homes with kids and pets. Another thing you’ll like about the BarcaLounger Relax Recliner chair is its armrests which come with soft pillows for extra support. You’ll also like its easy-to-reach exterior handle which makes it easy to recline the chair or lift the footrest for better relaxation. It’s one of the best seats with ample seating area, plush body cushions, and nice pillowed armrests.
- It matches with most interior decors
- Generous seating area
- It’s easy to assemble
- Solid durable build
- Sized for rooms with small space
- Pillowed armrests for additional comfort
- It’s not designed to rock and swivel
- You can’t lock up the footrest
The Flash Microfiber Rocker Recliner gives you the most relaxing comfort while sitting back to watch your favorite shows or games or when you simply want to use your laptop with your feet raised in a comfortable position. It is an elegant suede rocker recliner with soothing extra comfortable suede. It has a contemporary design enhanced by high-quality Softsuede Graphite Microfiber Upholstery, a plush pillow back, and well-padded upholstered arms. It has a good and reliable rocker feature, an easy to use lever recliner, and just about every extra feature found in most high-end recliners. This is a great option if you are looking for a comfortable well-built rocker recliner at a reasonable price.
- It is a useful soothing chair for easy relaxation while working on your laptop or watching TV
- Useful for pregnant mothers too.
- You can use the microfiber as a spare bed for guests
- It comes with an extra pillow to help you find your ideal position
- It has a durable metal frame
- Not very heavy and can easily be moved around to save space in your living room.
- It has a strong locking mechanism
- Simple to clean microfiber upholstery
- It lacks a cup holder
This is another comfortable recliner from Monarch Specialties, a leading brand in the Home Décor and Furniture industry. The Monarch Swivel Glider Recliner is a perfect example of the company’s innovative and fashionable products. It comes in a contemporary charcoal finish that looks like real leather. You’ll appreciate its padded back well complemented with a nice seat cushion and a strong metal base. The seat cushions have a 7-inch thickness for added comfort. The chair fully reclines back to around 30 degrees and can recline to 50 degrees. It has a retractable footrest system for better leg support. It is made of high-quality materials that blend perfectly with your den or living room.
- It can swivel, glide, and recline to your most comfortable position
- It comes with a padded headrest for extra comfort
- The recliner comes in a contemporary design
- Better leg support from its retractable footrest
- Matches with any office, den, or living room décor
- A few users claim that the leather cover is not that durable but it all depends on how well you maintain the chair
This is another Espresso colored glider recliner with pillowy cushions and sleek upholstery. It is covered in top grade leather fabric in a warm and relaxing deep cocoa hue. It’s made of top grain leather. It has a double-back cushion construction and soft pillowy arm and head rests. Its power motion system allows you to sit back and relax in comfort. It reclines between 112 and 130 degrees and only needs a space of 12 inches from its back to the wall. It doesn’t take up much space in your living room. The recliner’s smooth lines and contrasting stitched lines make it a perfect addition to your entertainment room. It is also easy to assemble and quite durable.
- It is easy to assemble
- The bonded leather is heavy and durable
- It can recline back to a sleeping position
- Durable operating mechanism
- The headrest is a bit lower for tall users with a height of 6’ and above but works perfectly fine for a majority of people
This is another cool recliner designed in a club style with all the functionalities and performance of a power lift recliner. It may not have the same depth as other power lift recliners but with a width of 36.23 inches, depth of 33.08 inches, and height of 40.95 inches, it still gives you an equally comfortable service. The chair is covered in smooth soft fabric and is available in latte or tan and dark brown or chocolate colors. It also comes with a handy remote control and a storage pocket for the remote conveniently located on the side of the chair.
- It has the sophisticated style of a club chair
- Its shorter depth is perfect for those who prefer to sit upright
- Smooth soft fabric
- Comes with a remote control pocket on the side of the chair
- It lacks a wall hugging design
- Taller people may not find it as comfortable as other recliners
This swivel glider recliner made by Pulaski Furniture is a perfect option for nursing mothers. It can be used as a nursing chair for superior comfort when you are breastfeeding your child. It is designed for soft and supportive functions. The easy to operate chair can rock, glide, swivel, and recline with just a gentle push. It’s quite roomy too. If you’re looking for a glider and reclining chair with multiple positions to suit your comfort needs while doing sensitive tasks such as feeding your baby or working on your laptop, this Swivel glider from Polaski is a good choice.
- It has a modern contemporary style that looks great in any living room, nursery, or office
- It comes with a smooth gliding mechanism that allows you to change positions smoothly without disturbing your baby.
- Simple to recline fully. Just lean back and give it a gentle push to recline all the way back.
- Has an ample length of 67 inches after its fully reclined
- It doesn’t swivel when the footrest is up
Here’s another great recliner for new or nursing mothers. It has everything you need for comfortable nursing or bottle feeding needs. It has a metal base that gives you a smooth and gentle 360-degree swivel and both forward and backward gliding motions. Its pop-up leg rest allows you to find the most relaxing sitting position while breastfeeding or bottle feeding your baby. The glider recliner chair is made from soft and durable polyester fabric. It is easy to clean too. The material is easy to wipe clean and is not affected by chemical retardants, which makes the chair a good option for families with kids and pets. It gives your living room a clean while providing you with the most comforting experience you can get from a recliner.
- Easy to reach reclining mechanism
- A comfortable seat
- Available in a wide range of colors to suit your home décor
- It has a firm back enhanced by a lumbar pillow for added back support
- It is an easy to assemble seat.
- The swivel mechanism may sometimes squeak during operation
This recliner from Stone & Beam combines modern and contemporary designs to give you a beautiful comfortable recliner chair. It is designed with relaxation and elegance in mind. The chair has a solid and durable build that incorporates a strong wood frame, rich leather, and attractive nail head detail over matching trim. It also features sloped arms for maximum comfort. Its 100% leather upholstery not only feels good to touch but is quite durable too. It is no wonder why the manufacturer backs the product with a 3-year warranty and a 30-day free return. It is so easy to assemble. You can get it up and ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Perfect stitching without loose ends
- A cloth-sealed bottom
- Comes with an ottoman complete with 6” legs
- Soft robust and extremely durable leather material
- Perfect cushioning
- Easy to assemble
- Its neutral color blends well with many decors
- None so far
If you are looking for a more stylish modern update to your home that will also serve as a comforting recliner, then this heated massage recliner chair is a great option. It has a sturdy and durable metal frame and resilient microfiber upholstery that can withstand regular use at your home. It is a comfortable chair with an extending footrest and perfect reclining to allow you to sit back and relax after a long day at work. Some of its key features include 8 vibration motors, a heating function, auto-shut off when the chair is not in use, adjustable heat intensity, and alternative massage button, a reclining backrest that’s fully adjustable to your desired position, side pocket, extended leg rest, and triple padded cushioning.
- Soft suede upholstery
- Heavy-duty steel backrest and frame
- Plush cushioning for comfort
- 8-point massage settings that are remote controlled
- It reclines fully into sleeping position
- Recline function is not electric
This is a great recliner chair that comes with an 8-point electric massage system. It allows you to relax and de-stress as its massage system eases your tension and fatigue. It has a smooth leatherette finish that feels soft to touch, is easy to clean, and extremely durable. The recliner also comes with two cup holders and double frontal storage pouches. The chair can also swivel 360 degrees for maximum comfort. Its multiple massage modes and intensity options to help you find the best massage level. You can adjust the heat to relax your lumbar region, muscles, and relieve back pain. This is a versatile electric massage recliner chair.
- Good 8-point electric massage recliner chair
- A stylish leatherette finish
- It can swivel full 360 degrees
- Customizable to your desired settings
- Multiple modes, intensity options, 3 timer settings, and body section selections.
- It comes with two cup holders and two storage pouches at the front.
- The middle part could be better with extra cushioning
Available in beautiful easy to maintain mocha hue, this recliner has everything you need for comfort and relaxation. It comes with a convenient hand lever that allows you to recline the chair with a simple pull. Its sinuous wire spring system spread through the cushions makes the frame sturdier while keeping you comfortable. The recliner has an overstuffed back while the seat and armrests provide a lot of room for your comfort. Its dark brown leather material is easy to maintain with just a simple wipe using a damp cloth. Its thick foam padding is extremely durable too.
- It features a padded footrest that’s great for lower back and leg support
- It is a comfortable seat for rocking, relaxing, or sleeping
- It has plush cushioning for maximum comfort
- Folding back the leg rest is a bit tricky when the chair is in a reclined position
This is a good option if you are looking for the best budget massage chair on the market today. It does not have all the premium features of high-end massage chairs but will satisfy all your simple personal relaxation needs. It is a comfortable recliner with preset and custom vibrating massage programs. It features 9 pre-programmed modes and 5 intensity levels. The chair is covered in elegant soft upholstery material that feels like real leather.
- An affordable budget-friendly option
- It is super comfortable
- It has lumbar heating despite its low price
- It has intuitive massage settings
- Fits users of all sizes and heights
- The leather is not genuine
This is an ultra comfortable recliner with added support. It is designed to help you relax and unwind in comfort. It is made of high-quality materials including memory foam, polished microfiber fabric, and wood. It has a reliable metal reclining mechanism. The chair has a traditional style that matches most living rooms. Other key features include a reclining function, pocket coil seat, pillow top arms, seat cushions, and 10mm memory foam.
- High resilience foam cushions for a comfortable seating
- Great recliner mechanism
- High-quality construction materials
- It is an easy to assemble recliner
- It can easily fit any room
- It may be small for tall people
One thing you can about the RevoluXion Lumbar Support Recliner is that it is a soft, comfortable, sturdy, and durable recliner. It is generously sized to fit in most living and entertainment rooms. It is also made of comfortable and durable materials including faux leather that is easier to clean than fabric. The chair has three comfortable positions and is easy and quick to assemble.
- It has an elegant look and feel
- It is relaxing and comfortable
- It has smooth and easy to manipulate rocker and swivel features.
- It is perfect for nursing moms and people recovering from injury or surgery
- Easy tool-free assembly
- Easy to maintain faux leather material
- It has a strong durable construction
- It is not large enough for tall 6-feet users
- May be a bit oversized for small spaces
Types of Recliner
Ever since recliners were first released to the market in the late 1920s, they have evolved into many styles with different functions. Here are some of the most popular types of recliners:
- 2 or 3 Position Recliners
2 or 3 Position Recliners give you the convenience of adjusting the chair to your preferred position with just a simple push on the arm. A 2-way recliner can recline up to 90 degrees to give you comfortable reading or TV viewing. A 3-way recliner can recline up to approximately 145 degrees. Your choice will depend on what you intend to use the recliner for.
A power recliner is your best option if you want ultimate comfort and ease of use. This type of recliner gives you all the benefits of a traditional recliner and the convenience of using an electrical button to recline the chair to your desired position. It’s ideal for people with mobility challenges.
- Lift Chair Recliners
A lift chair recliner comes with a motorized mechanism that can lift the seat from its base. This feature allows you o get on and out of the chair easily. A lift chair is perfect for those with limited ability to use their feet or those with weak knees. However, it normally comes at a higher price than traditional recliners.
- Rocker Recliners
Just like their name suggests, rocker recliners have the ability to rock and recline. The rocking motion is especially useful for someone with insomnia. It induces sleep faster than turning and tossing on your bed. The rocker is also ideal for nursing mothers. The rocking motion gently relaxes the baby to sleep. Many rocker recliners also come with a swivel feature.
- Swivel Recliners
Just like rockers, swivel recliners have a swiveling feature that allows them to move side to side in a gentle relaxing motion. They are great for relaxing at home while watching TV or having a conversation with family and friends.
- Massage Recliners
This is a more advanced type of recliners that can massage your back as well as the backs of your legs. The chair comes with additional features such as the ability to lift or recline the user and heating function. It is a multipurpose recliner with a comparatively higher price tag.
- Lay-Flat Recliners
A lay-flat recliner has the ability to stretch all the way back to give a comfortable bed-like surface to relax on. The chair opens completely flat allowing you to sleep comfortably.
- Wall-Hugger Recliner
A wall-hugger recliner is a good option for those with small spaces in their living rooms. The recliner takes up minimum space because it can be placed next to the wall. When using a wall hugger you tend to sit up straight. The chair is also easier to get up from and doesn’t require much movement. They are good for people with bad knees who need to rise or seat with the least movement possible.
- Oversized Recliners
Also known as Big Man Recliners, these are chair-and-a-half recliners that can accommodate people of all sizes. They are big enough to hold a person with a large body. Smaller and average sized users will also find this large recliner a good place to curl or stretch in ultimate comfort. It is plush large recliner designed in the classic American style.
Things to Consider When Buying a Recliner
Here are a few important factors you’ll need to consider when shopping for a recliner to ensure that you are making a well-informed purchasing decision.
1. Your Room Size
It is important to measure the size of your room prior to buying the recliner. This helps to determine what size of recliner will fit properly in your room without infringing on your freedom of movement. Measure the available size of your room and the recliner to while it’s fully reclined to know how much space it will eat up in your room. Make sure you have t least 1 to 3 feet space from the wall.
2. Your Body Size
The size of your body will also determine the size and style of the recliner to get. You need a comfortable reclining chair so take time to test how the seat and other functions of the recliner feel before you buy one. Sit on the recliner and check if your feet can touch on the floor and if your head comfortably fits the chair’s headrest. If you are a tall person make sure to get one designed for tall people.
3. Frame Materials
A good recliner should have a frame made of strong and durable materials. Most common materials are wood and steel. Your choice will depend on how strong you want the recliner to be. A steel frame is sturdier than one made of hardwood but keep in mind it may come at a higher price. Look for a recliner made of strong materials that will last for 10 or more years, not three to six months.
4. Upholstery Materials
The best recliner should be made of durable, easy to clean, and attractive upholstery materials. There are different types of upholstery material including leather and fabric. Leather gives your interiors a luxurious fine-living style so if you can afford it go for a recliner made of full grain leather. Fabric is also a good option. It is also less expensive than genuine leather. If you go for fabric, choose a recliner with the best synthetic microfiber or chenille.
A recliner is one of the most comforting furniture items you can have in your home. It not only helps to relax and unwind in the comfort of your home or office but can also be used by people with injuries and conditions such as back pain or knee problems. In this review, we covered a wide range of recliner products from different brands and with different features and price points. Go ahead and see if you find one that meets your needs and budget.